Spiny Lobster Season: What you need to know!
The spiny lobster recreational and commercial seasons close to harvest in state and federal waters starting April 1 and will reopen on Aug. 6.
The two-day recreational sport season is the last consecutive Wednesday and Thursday of July, which is July 28 and 29 this year.
Here are the latest updates you should know during Spiny Lobster Sport Season, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission:
- Season: July 28-29, 2021 (last consecutive Wednesday and Thursday of July each year)
- Daily Bag Limit: 6 per person for Monroe County and Biscayne National Park; 12 per person for the rest of Florida
- The possession limit on the water: equal to the daily bag limit
- Possession limit off the water: equal to the daily bag limit on the first day and double the daily bag limit on the second day
- Possession limits are enforced on and off the water.
- Minimum Size Limit: Carapace must be larger than 3″, measured in the water. Possession and use of a measuring device required at all times. Find out how to measure a spiny lobster.
- Night Diving: Prohibited in Monroe County (ONLY during sport season) Diving is defined as swimming at or below the surface of the water.
For more information, click here.